Skip to main content

Another One Bites the Dust

so it has officially happened...albeit i'm a bit late in posting it on my blog (and a bit late in blogging at all) but... 
my big sister is getting married!!

the best (for me) is that i am the maid of honor, and i am truly honored she has asked me to hold this special title.  after my cousin, kait, just tied the knot this past January and getting to witness such an awesome ceremony as well as a kick-ass reception i cannot wait for my sister's wedding.  i get to stand up for her and watch as she and justin, my brother-in-law to be, profess their love to each other. how cool is that? my favorite part is the reception because we'll be able to dance the night away with all their family and friends. cannot wait.

shortly after i tell people about my sister's upcoming nuptials the big question comes up: "and do you have a special guy in your life sarah?" boy do i dread this question. not because i am sad or ashamed at my answer, but because i hate the looks i get when i say no. it seems that everyone feels i am sad i do not have someone or they feel bad for asking?? either way, it usually turns into a cool conversation about how i am happy being single.  
for the longest time i saw myself as the type to not get married, but recently i have been thinking it would be nice to get married...someday.  perhaps it's all the wedding buzz around me but for now i am happy living the single life; enjoying my time as strictly mine and choosing who i want to spend it with.  the "someday" will come soon enough, but for me, for now bring on the single life. <3

"I am good, but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil. I am just a small girl in a big world trying to find someone to love." - Marilyn Monroe

Comments

  1. You go, cuz! There is plenty of time for you to find the right guy (or not) and settle down (or not) ... and no matter what happens, the be-all-and-end-all is that you be HAPPY! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

it's been far too long

wow. i hadn't realized how long it had been since i have posted anything on my blog....too long. as most bloggers do, i tend to use this space as my "external journal" if you will and i didn't realize how much i had missed it until i thought about all the stuff i could write about.  i guess that means i have some catching up to do then. hehe. well let's start with this: Police: Gunfire exchanged between vehicles near Brockton playground - Brockton, MA - The Enterprise yuck. i don't like this one bit. it happened across the street from me. literally . the address the shell casings were found at is directly across the street. while i do not like this most recent shooting it does not make me feel unsafe in my neighborhood. perhaps i should be since it happened while it was still light out but i know that these shootings are targeted.  not that innocent people don't get hurt sometimes, yet is that a reason to live in fear? similar to my last posting i think ...

Gratitude

Did you know that Stress has implications on our physical health?! I know crazy. Every Monday I get these emails from the HR department at work with tips on how to destress and sometimes they really resonate with me; well today was one of those days. Today, the reminder was to show gratitude for what we do have which, I realize, for some of us that might be easier than for others. But, what if, even when it seems impossible or really, really hard we push through the negative and focus on just one thing that we can show gratitude for? That doesn't necessarily mean that we are happy or that everything (or even anything!) will change. It means that we can be grateful for one thing...even if it does not shift our immediate mood or make us feel good. We live in a society that encourages us to live life based on our feelings so I realize I'm pushing against the very grain of society and that this might be uncomfortable for people. But stay with me. There's so much research on the...

We Begin Again

It's literally been years since I updated this blog. Wow. Not that I have a following or anything, but really I enjoy writing out my thoughts - it helps spark my creativity, my love of thinking, and, well, no one can interrupt my words. 😏 So, I thought it was about time to put pen to paper (well, fingers to keys to be more literal) and get this thing up and going again. What better time to restart this thing than during a lockdown, right?! Plus, my mom actually reminded me about it cause, truth be told, I probably wouldn't have thought about it otherwise (thanks, mom). In trying to narrow down what I wanted to write about (that's really the hardest part for me is just picking a topic!) I decided I needed to just start with a title. Well, when I finally did, that's when all the thoughts started coming to me. I was really trying to figure out how to re-introduce my blog to you all so I figured "We Begin Again" was a decent title, but after I wrote it, I start...